Consulting for PhDs, Lawyers, and Doctors
Consulting. It’s not just for MBAs anymore. PhDs, JDs, and MDs also have a variety of employment opportunities in the consulting industry. In addition to jobs in the pure strategy and operations consulting firms, advanced degree holders with specialties in economics, human resources, information technology, psychology, statistics, and other areas may find lucrative work with consulting firms that focus on these areas; likewise, many attorneys, doctors, and others in the legal and health care professions now work for consultancies that specialize in their areas of expertise. WetFeet’s career pros have done plenty of research to help you launch your consulting career.
Turn to this WetFeet Insider Guide to explore:
- What specialty consulting work is really like—from the insider's perspective.
- Opportunities for PhDs, JDs, and MDs, with descriptions of the various consulting roles.
- The major firms and their areas of specialization. • Profiles of real people pursuing specialty consulting careers.
- Our decision flowchart, consulting aptitude test, and consulting firm appeal test, to help you find your niche.
- The recruiting process and tips to ace your interviews.