Be Your Own Boss
Ready to ditch your business attire and drop out of the corporate rat race? Fantasize about choosing your own clients and projects and working whenever—and wherever—you want? Sounds like freelancing may be the right choice for you. Freelancing veteran Marcia Passos Duffy tells you what you need to know to start up and thrive in a freelance business, in any profession or industry. She’ll also tell you what it’s really like to work for yourself: from the freedom to direct your own career to the ebbs and flows of contract work to the client who hasn’t paid up in three months. Freelancing is a mixed bag. And whether you survive, or go back to corporate life, depends on how well you tolerate the downside to working on your own—as well as how you manage those nice perks to being your own boss.
Turn to this WetFeet Insider Guide to learn:
- How to assess whether freelancing is really the right path for you.
- What careers are best suited to freelancing.
- What it takes to make it on your own and how to choose your freelancing career.
- About the nuts and bolts of writing a business plan and setting up a home office.
- How to manage your time in an unstructured environment.
- What experienced freelancers say about working for themselves.
- How to avoid the potential pitfalls of freelancing