Careers in Human Resources
Long considered a support role, the field of human resources is taking on an increasingly strategic dimension in the business world as managers recognize employees as a source of competitive advantage. Indeed, companies of all kinds have learned that building strong corporate cultures and creating supportive work environments help their bottom lines. If you have a high emotional intelligence quotient, keep your cool when others lose theirs, and understand the link between human capital and business strategy, HR may be the field for you.
Turn to this WetFeet Insider Guide to explore:
- The hiring outlook and industry trends, including the growing need for people with business backgrounds
- How the HR field has evolved in recent years, particularly in the wake of the global economic crisis
- The various roles available, from labor relations manager to recruiter to VP, with salary ranges for each
- What to expect in interviews and how to stand out from the crowd
- HR lingo to help you talk the talk